Hi everyone! It’s been ages since I last updated. Here’s a quick roundup of what just happened during the last few weeks:
- Quit my job in Singapore
- Moved from our nice apartment with a view to stay for a week at an appart-hotel along Orchard Road with not-so-bad view also
- Left Singapore, a couple of days before Christmas Day
- Had a wonderful Christmas at my in-laws, with lots of gifts and good food
- Spent the New Year in Toulouse, we wanted to have NYE dinner at a nice restaurant close by, but the restaurant was closed during this time. We ordered from same restaurant a picnic that just needs to be reheated. It was quite good.
- First day of 2018, hubby and I visited Cordes-sur-Ciel, will write a post on this on escapecapades.com soon
- Bought my own car so I can chauffeur my daughter to and from her new school, and so that I could also go around by myself while hubby is at work. Our new place is not close to the city center, unlike the first time we lived in France. We chose to be closer to our daughter’s school this time, which is in the suburb, 20 minutes by car from the city center. It was a challenge driving on the right side of the street for the first time, but I got the hang of it in just a few days. Driving on the roundabouts seemed intimidating at first, but now, I have learned to appreciate it more than stop lights. 🙂
As of now, we are awaiting the arrival of our furniture, etc from Singapore. Luckily, we have just received news that we will have them in a couple of days! I am so happy to hear that we can now leave this terrible appart-hotel we are staying in (which is a far cry from the beautiful one we left in Singapore) and move in to our new house, which is a temporary rental one. We will soon be buying our own!
Voila, that’s all for today! Thanks for reading. And happy new year! 🙂